Friday, April 18, 2008

Are You Ready to Obey?

Dear One, you treat direct words from the throne of God as options, not as commands. It is not in your best interests now for God to tell you what to do, because you still are not in a mood to obey. He will not instruct you until your heart is obedient, because He does not want to lead you to disobedience. How are you choosing to escape your emotional deficit? The Lord is the lover who has beckoned and has been ignored. You have hurt His heart.

No penance is necessary; Jesus has paid the price. Only turn your face toward Him. He is your Lord and Your Savior. He is to be the overwhelming love song of your life. You do not need to fear laying down the burdens that you carry so diligently for your loved ones; let them go. I am not saying that you are to abdicate your responsibilities; you know that. But let go the weight of responsibility for their obedience or lack of it. And do not make your loved ones feel that if they need your support in prayer that they must then pay homage to you.


Those who believe that they bear the responsibility to work salvation themselves have no need of God. Remember Saul’s sin. Samuel had promised him deliverance and instructed him to wait, but Saul took matters into his own hands (1 Samuel 13). In a stunning lack of faith in God to save, Saul placed himself on an equal footing with a priest of God.


The Lord has heard your cries. He knows where you are and has made provision for you. You do not have to work freedom on your own behalf. Do not be afraid,
no door has closed. “I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut,” (Revelation 3:8).

Scripture: “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me. The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands” (Psalm 138:7).

1 comment:

Melody and Vincent said...

What a blessing to read this post -
The Lord has shown me this over time and it has been an amazing blessing (beyond description) in my life. Being able to release the weights without abdicating the responsibilities is such a gift. A gift the Lord's given me and a gift I can give to those I care for. You are so right that He is sure to show us this must include continuing to pray for and care for them yet, leaving their "fruits" ultimately between themselves and Christ. It is one of the most important lessons My Heavenly Father has taught/continues to teach me as an adult.
I love that then you go on to share from Him about how when He has opened a door, it's swung wide open until He shuts it - not anyone else! That is exactly the sweet reminder that He followed me with after I listened to Him about releasing without abdicating. It was like He was saying, "My darling, don't you see? When you are obeying me and falling into reckless love with Me - totally abandoned unto My Spirit... I will fulfill all the plans I have for you. I promised you I would. That promise doesn't fade (door doesn't close) because you have responsibilities or caregiving or a life that (the world says) isn't so conducive to... Don't you get it yet?"
Ahhh, yes... I see, I really see Lord. I'm so getting it and I am jazzed! Jazzed for Jesus. :)
Melody