Saturday, April 3, 2010

....but Joy Comes...

Grief recalls former grief. Similarly, happiness shades the past so that all memories seem happy. You will be happy again. Your memories will sweeten as this present grief lessens.

The Lord does not count your wounds as being small or inconsequential. Abide in Him. Know where your heart resides. The Lord is with you.

Scripture: "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me. The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands" (Psalm 138: 7-8).

Additional reading: Psalm 13.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I just read Joel 2: "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten..."

The phrase from your post about how our memories sweeten as the grief lessens reminds me of this verse. The Lord will restore and sweeten what has passed.