Saturday, September 25, 2010

Solomon's Song

Do not judge yourself by the world's standards. If you believe you are no longer lovable because you are growing old, then you make the error of worshiping at the altar of human perfection (which is always an illusion) and forfeit the Heavenly vision of the true perfection that is yours in Christ Jesus.

The Song of Solomon is an allegory of God’s love told through the story of a human love. He created human love as a type and foreshadow of the perfection of His desire for His beloved, the church. He desires you corporately, as a member of the body of Christ; and individually, as the unique individual He has created you to be. Come to Him. Come to Him and be satisfied, even now, by His love.

Scripture: "I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine..." (Song of Solomon 6:3a KJV).

"He has taken me to the banquet hall; and his banner over me is love" (Song of Solomon 2:4).

No comments: