Monday, July 7, 2014

The Importance of Emotion


Don't ignore your emotions toward God, or hide them, or say, "I know my emotions aren't important, I will praise God from what my mind knows rather than from what my heart feels."   Emotion fuels praise.  When you feel disappointed or angry with God, bring your heart in line with what your mind knows to be truth. Faith resides in the mind, but love has its roots in the heart. 

Do not allow a disconnect between your heart and your mind.  This results in a jaded, senseless resentment toward the Most High based on facts your mind can comprehend,  and ignores the truth your heart can sense.  In short, you become worldly, cynical, sarcastic: unrecognizable as a child of God, indistinguishable from those who do not know Him at all. 

No comments: