Saturday, May 26, 2012

Whose Cross Will You Bear?


Your peace of heart and mind must not depend on your own obedience. You have not partially saved yourself.  It is as though you are willing to give the Lord most of the glory, but by keeping back a small portion of responsibility for your own salvation you also keep a portion of the glory for yourself.  It is a terrible burden.  You cannot bear the weight of the tiniest part of your own sin; you must cast it all upon Jesus. 

Do not confuse the nature of your cross.  If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me (Matthew 16:24).  The burdens you are to bear come by God's hand, not yours.  You must decide whose cross you will carry: your own, or the cross the Lord has provided.  

Scripture:  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30). 


No comments: